There are 3 All Star teams from MV and all 3 were in this tournament. Two of Greg's fellow baseball team members are on one of the other teams. Another baseball team member recently joined our team. There were 6 teams total in the U10 Boys; 3 from MV AYSO and the other 3 club teams. We didn't play the other MV teams but ended up playing all the club teams. Which was fine. Good for our guys.
The first game, we won 3 - 2! Yay Wolverines!! The 2nd game we lost 2 - 3. Yay Wolverines again as they played a super game. Greg was so tired Saturday night. But it's a good tired. Greg played goalie for 1/2 of each game. He did such a great job too. He has no problem diving for a ball in the middle of a tangle of feet. When not playing goalie he plays center defender.
On Sunday, we lost the first game. This put us in the playoffs for 3rd or 4th place. The play off game was against the first team we played on Saturday. And Yay Wolverines! We won! It was an amazing game. Very fast with 2 very equally matched teams. Every boy on the team played 110% and then some.
A dad from one of the club teams that beat us commented on how well our boys played for only playing together for a few weeks. This just shows that all of our AYSO boys can hold their own against club players who have played together for years.
Greg loves playing goalie. After playing goalie in the game he played in when he was sick, it's all he wants to play now. He's also a strong defender. Good to be well rounded.
The days were not as long as baseball tournaments. It was fun though. Sunday afternoon I was able to get some errands done in between games as Greg went home with another team mate in between the games.
Very proud of all these guys and looking forward to our tournaments in January. :)
I also got a chance to talk with one of Greg's baseball coaches and arrange some batting practice for Greg before baseball starts up next month. Also confirmed Greg's position on the Plus team for next year. I also got to read a magazine. Hey, productive weekend for not being home.
I'm looking forward to having a few days off. The kids nixed every idea I had for Monday. I think they are just tired and looking forward to some down time. I know I sure am. I have a lot of things I am anxious to get to around the house. Evelyn made plans with a friend for the afternoon. sounds like Greg and the neighbor made plans for x box and Wii. That's fine. Unfortunately Tom has to go into work the rest of this week so we had to put off tentative plans that we had made. Hopefully we can do some of them the week after Christmas or over the weekend.
I finally got my new camera up and running and used it for pix this weekend. Enjoy a few. I'm off to wrap presents now. Shhh.
Greg is #13 on the Blue/Gold team. He's getting the ball from the other team
Taking it down the field.
Oh, Hello there Miss Evelyn. Glad you hung out with us on Saturday. Even though you complained that you were bored. You got to take photos with my new camera.
Greg playing goalie. A great save! See the buildings behind the goal... They are horse stalls. This area is also used for polo games (it's called the polo fields). And the rodeo is also here as well as horse shows. Evelyn and I walked around here before the first game. No horses here this weekend. Hopefully when the rodeo is back or a horse show is here we will be around. Always seem to have something going on when those events come around. It would also be fun to see a polo match.
Waiting, waiting, is the ball going to get there? Greg is learning these goalie stances as plays. He has to learn not to commit to his knees as quick as he does sometimes.
Now, in this photo, Greg is actually air born. He's diving for the ball and off the ground. Can't believe I actually got this shot. Normally, I would be so excited and twitch or jump or something and get the sky or the grass or a blur of color.
Greg as defender. Throw in right to one of his favorite forwards. 



1 comment:
Way to go Greg! Very exciting scores too. Goalie is a GREAT position to learn. Not too many boys want to play goalie as they get older! Naomi, wasn't it strange not having to keep score??? It took me a few soccer tournaments to finally just relax and not think I needed to be keeping track of anything. LOL
Post a Comment