Thursday, May 8, 2008

Welcome Sophia Christine Dickson

I would like to introduce to you Sophia Christine Dickson, born May 8, 2008 at 4:20 pm, weighing in at 8 pounds 9 ounces. Our sweet baby girl! And congratulations to Mom and Dad, Eric and Chrissy, and big brothers Jake and Nathan. And I must admit, Evelyn is so thrilled to have a new baby girl cousin. We are all thrilled to meet the newest addition to our family :)


Eric (my brother) called me around 11 Thursday morning to say Chrissy was at the hospital. I made it over around 1:30 and had to leave shortly after 2 to get the kids from school. After Greg and Evelyn got their homework done and had a shower, we headed back to the hospital and got there just in time. It was about 4:15. I peeked into the room and got the thumbs up from Deni, Chrissy's mom. Well, about 5 minutes later we heard a nice healthy cry and "It's a girl!!!"


Evelyn and Greg wanted in so bad, but I managed to keep them in the hall with Chrissy's dad Ed until the room was cleared out and we got the all clear. I was so honored to be able to get some of the first pictures of Sophia. She was making a fuss and letting everyone know she had arrived! After she was swaddled and in her mama's arms, she was a happy little camper.


Evelyn and Greg got her foot prints on their arms and can't wait to show them of at school on Friday. They are so proud to be big cousins, again, and now have a little girl cousin.


Everyone was doing just fine when we left and we can't wait to go back and see Sophia, and Chrissy, on Friday.

And, today is Tom's birthday too :) Very special to have a new niece born on his birthday. We went out to dinner at TGI Friday's with Tom's parents. And then a nice surprise at their home as more family were there where we enjoyed cake and ice cream. Thank you again Mary and Clarence for the nice birthday celebration.


Now onto pictures:

Evelyn did not want her picture taken and was a bit upset as she had to wait in the hall.
Greg too. At least he had his book to cover his face with
And here she is! Squirming and yelling and letting everyone know she had arrived today!
Proud papa Eric with his sweet girl
Big cousin Evelyn and Greg with their sweet Sophia
Footprint tatoo, and so proudly showing it off
Greg too. I rolled up his sleeve and he can't wait to show it off at school on Friday.
All swaddled up and already posing for the camera
Proud dad Eric and mom Chrissy with their sweet daughter
Greg and Evelyn, again. They can't get enough of Sophia.
I was hoping to get a photo with her eyes open, almost.
She is looking around, but not my direction. She loves to wiggle.

Oops, Matt. What are you doing here? Evelyn took this picture at Mary and Clarence's house after dinner. Matt goofing around with the kids, as usual. It's fun to have older cousins too, and ones who can show you cool card tricks.

I can't wait to get photos of Nathan and Jake with their new little sister. And I need to get better grandparent photos.

Congratulations Eric and Chrissy. We love you!!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

CONGRATS to everyone.
Sophia Christine, what a beautiful name for a beautiful baby!!!
SEnd my well wishes and I am lookingforward to more photos.
THANK YOU so very much for sharing.
(I loved the footprint tats!!)
xoxo
Robin

Michele said...

BEAUTIFUL!!!!!!! Oh my, brings tears to my eyes...what a joy! Please pass on my congratulations to Chrissy & Eric!!!

Jessica Guthrie said...

Congratulations! So glad she's the girl cousin Evelyn was hoping for!

Judy said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!!! What great pictures. A beautiful baby girl. Looking forward to more photos...

Tara Cross Beam said...

Woo Hoo!!!! I am so happy for your family! She is SO cute and I LOVE the tattoo on her little foot!!!

Unknown said...

Hey Naomi - Very cool! I shared the blog with my folks. I'm sure they haven't seen Eric in many years and will be happy to see pics of your kids, too.

Anonymous said...

What a beautiful family!!! The foot tatoo thing is a great idea!!! Congratulations!!!