Saturday night Greg and I were just exhausted. After watching Alvin and the Chipmunks, we crashed. Greg wanted me to sleep in his room with him, so I agreed to. The mattress was so comfy and I could barely keep my eyes open to read. I was out shortly after Greg was snoring. Now this was about 9 pm and I didn't wake up until I heard the dog barking at 6:30. I let her in and crawled into my bed where I slept until 7:30. Ahh, so nice to sleep.
Sunday we were out the door at 8:45 for practice. It was already hot. I ran around the lake. Well, had to walk too because it was just so darn hot. But made it around in great time. Then kicked back in the shade to watch the rest of the tournament team practice. BTW, the team is the MV Sox. Pretty cool. We've already got the schedule for the first 2 games of the tournament.
After practice we headed home for showers and then off to church. Tom and Evelyn were already home. boy did they have a fun weekend. Miniature golf, hiking, swimming, games, fun girl time. Evelyn wanted to do the zip line, got up there and got hooked up but then decided against it. From what I hear it was about 90' high and pretty long. But you were hooked up in a harness.
I made it out on a few more errands. Made peanut butter balls with the kids. (oh they are yummy!), played jump rope on the trampoline with the kids, tried on my new clothes and we were all in bed early again. This heat just got to me.
Here are some photos of Saturday's game.
Sunday we were out the door at 8:45 for practice. It was already hot. I ran around the lake. Well, had to walk too because it was just so darn hot. But made it around in great time. Then kicked back in the shade to watch the rest of the tournament team practice. BTW, the team is the MV Sox. Pretty cool. We've already got the schedule for the first 2 games of the tournament.
After practice we headed home for showers and then off to church. Tom and Evelyn were already home. boy did they have a fun weekend. Miniature golf, hiking, swimming, games, fun girl time. Evelyn wanted to do the zip line, got up there and got hooked up but then decided against it. From what I hear it was about 90' high and pretty long. But you were hooked up in a harness.
I made it out on a few more errands. Made peanut butter balls with the kids. (oh they are yummy!), played jump rope on the trampoline with the kids, tried on my new clothes and we were all in bed early again. This heat just got to me.
Here are some photos of Saturday's game.
Kyle and Shane lead the pledge with the Angels.
Before the game, the teams always say the Little League Pledge. It's a great way to start the game.
Greg bats second. While Appleseed is warming up, Greg gets on the ball bucket and watches.
Here he is with coach Jim. Talking strategy? Telling jokes? More than likely checking out the pitcher.
Appleseed at bat.
Greg at bat. Gets a walk.
Starting to steal to second. He did.
Greg at 3rd. Waiting for the ball to tag the runner out. Out!!
Another play at 3rd.
Mid game huddle in the dugout.
Oops camera wasn't quite ready. But I got a shot of Greg's legs touching home for a point.
Greg pitching.
Wind up.
Getting ready for the delivery.

Whoo-Hoo. Dodger victory. Go Dodgers!
Kyle's mom brought hot dogs for the snack. Quite the set up! Thank you ;)
Enjoying hot dogs and popsicles after the game.




No comments:
Post a Comment