Saturday, May 17, 2008

It's Saturday ............and it's even hotter

Another hot one, yep, another hot one. It's hotter than yesterday.

Today started early. I woke up at 5am to the sound of Tom's alarm going off. I can't figure out how to turn it off so just keep pushing things until I get it. I also realized Greg was fast asleep in my bed. Don't know when he came in. I dozed on and off, mostly off, until I heard Garrett get up just a tad after 6 am. So, I coaxed Greg back to his bed in his room. It was just too early to get up. But, nope, the boys decided they were up. bummer. I wanted to sleep till at least 7.

the boys got to bed around 10 last night. Later for me as I wanted to catch up on some of my shows, but ended up falling asleep on the couch sometime around midnight.

It was already hot when we got up. Ugh. A hot one. We got the the ball field around 8:30 (Greg likes to be there early). The game was at 10. It was hot during the game, the boys were hot and dragging. But we still won the game 9 - 6. Greg had some great hits and fielding, but not a good pitching game. That's fine. He still played a great game regardless.

Kyle's mom brought hot dogs for after the game so the guys all enjoyed some lunch. Great idea! Johnny asked if Greg wanted to stay and pratice with him and his dad. Of course Greg said yes. I sat in the enclosed dugout reading my book and trying not to fall asleep. It was just so hot. Too hot!

Well, we finally made it home, had some left over pizza for lunch then, went to Bears, Buddies and Beyond in Rancho. The store was so nice and cool and we just browsed around. Greg got some erasers him and his friends are enthralled with and he also gave me his cute face that I can't say no to and got himself a cue penguin that he got to stuff. After that it was to Kohl's for shoes and clothes. By then I was so tired and in no mood to shop. But I still got some cute things and have to try them on.

We stopped at Blockbuster and got Alvin and the Chimpmunks. I took a nap in the recliner while watching AFV. I'm still so tired. Greg is too. Just drained from this heat. Too tired to do much of anything else.

I know it will be an early night tonight. Need to figure out something for dinner. Actually cereal sounds pretty good right about now. I'm gonna try on my new clothes, unload the car, download the photos I took today and many other days.

you know the list I made the other day, well, mostly everyting is checked off. Yea me!! I got most of it done on Friday. yea me!! But no running today. It's hot, I feel like jello and in no mood to get out there and pound the pavement. But tomorrow I will. Yes, I will. I hope I will.

Well, I have just rambled on and on and on and on as I really didn't feel like doing much of anything else. Other than drinking another huge glass of ice tea.


No comments: