Thursday, May 15, 2008

Checking in and feeling somewhat accomplished

It's Thursday, and more then half way though the week. I'm feeling somewhat accomplished this week.It's been another busy week but getting things done. Feeling accomplished. It's a good thing.

What happened this past week.......

Saturday Dodgers played the Rangers. Rangers were undefeated until after our game. Yep, we beat the Rangers. Going into the 6th inning it was 3 - 1. Rangers had 2 outs, one man on base, and oops, over the fence HR, to tie the game. Dodgers were home team and had last ups. Starting at the top of the line up. Greg hit to center field for a single. Few more batters, and Greg had stolen to 2nd. The Rangers decided to walk one of our batters. Pitch dinged off the catchers glove, Greg stole to 3rd, pitcher chucked the ball to 3rd and it was over thrown, so Greg booked it on home, slid into home before the throw got there for a score! This put the score at 4 - 3 Dodgers and we won the game!! Oh my! You should have heard the roar out there. What a game. Greg got the well deserved game ball. He did have a great game!
After game talk with Coach Scott.
Coach Rob passing out the pins.
Coach Rob getting game ball to Greg.
Go Dodgers!
Game ball Dodgers v. Rangers. Yeah Greg!

After the game we went to the hospital as baby Sophia and crew were headed home. Everyone was so ready to be home.


Nathan, Jake, Chrissy and Sophia
Greg and Evelyn and Sophia
She loves to wiggle around and move her tiny legs and hands.
I love baby feet
and baby hands
This sign speaks for itself!
A gathering of cousins, and Tom
Everyone headed out the door. Quite the group we had too.
Family


Sophis really didn't like her car seat.
Lot's of stuff to bring home.
Yep, I guess 3 car seats do fit in the back of the truck.

I spent a good amount of time finishing up Greg's room too. He is happy, as am I. I love the way it turned out too. Now it's time to figure out Evelyn's room. No pictures of the new furniture here as the pictures are on my other memory card and still need to be downloaded.

The sports wall. We, I, put up bamboo fencing along the walls before the furniture was in.
Bulletin board by the desk, and fire helmet from Grandpa Dale
Trophy and stuff book case. There is now a shelf above this, but it was put up after I got the pictures.
Pictures and memorabilia.

Sunday. Mom's Day. After church we went to Eric and Chrissy's for an easy breakfast. Hung out for awhile ohhing and ahhing over Sophia. From there we went to Peppino's on the lake for lunch with the Murphy's. Quite the crowd we had. Good eats, as usual. Greg had practice for his tournament team in the afternoon and Evelyn and I chilled out at home.
Kaydee brought me my Mother's Day card. Evelyn taped my card to K's collar.
Sophia with Grandma Deni and Grandpa Ed (Chrissy's parents)
Sophia checking it out

Sophia and big brother, Jake. A proud big brother. Nathan won't hold still for a photo.
Evelyn (finally!!) getting to hold Sophia.

Monday, we played the Yankees. Although it was a great game, Greg threw 4 or 5 stirke outs, but we didn't win. But that's ok, another great game and great defense by the Dodgers. We are either tied for 2nd with the Yankees or in a good 3rd. This is a good spot to be in going in to the play offs.

Tuesday I had lunch with Michele, Julia and Peyton. It was a great afternoon and a good time to be with friends.

The rest of the week has been kind of quiet. No practice. Have had time at home to get some things done around the house. Accomplishing things. Getting work stuff done too. It's a good thing. I feel like things have been piling up around here and I don't like that. No, I'm not a neat freak, but I like my house to be kept neat and picked up and things to be put away (hear that Evy and Gerg)

The rest of the week.....

Today we are bringing dinner to Eric and Chrissy and hang out there for awhile.

Friday I have a doctor's appointment with the surgeon tomorrow for my final hand check up. Well, I think it's final. That's what I have been told, but things keep changing. I am done with physical therapy but keep doing my exercises daily. I still have a lot of hard scar tissue that I massage. I sure miss that ultrasound machine.

Friday, Evelyn and Tom head to Adventure Mountain for another Adventure Princess weekend. Greg has a game Saturday morning, then tournament practice Sunday. He's been antsy to have Garrett over again. The boys can have some good boy play time without an older sister hanging around. Not like she bugs them anyways, but they (really Greg) pester her.

Me, maybe catch up on some recorded shows and watch some movies and do a few more busy things around the house. Oh, it just never ends. Maybe spend some time in the garden with my hands in the dirt.


Now, if I could just remember where I left that darn phone. I called Chrissy last night and was talking to her out front. Chatted with Janet, took K on a walk up and down the block while the kids were riding bikes, then chatted more with Janet and Babak and Tom, went inside so the kids could get ready for bed and long forgot the phone. Now I have been searhing. I can't hear it beeping when I push the locate button on the charger. Oh yikes, what am I gonna do. Better send out the search party when the kids get home. Speaking of kids, yikes, gotta watch the clock as I have to pick up today.

Happy Thursday and have a super weekend!


1 comment:

Tara Cross Beam said...

Wow-You have been buzzzzyyyy!
How is your wrist holding up! Miss you!!!