For those of you out of the area readers, yes, there was an earthquake. We are fine. Got jolted and that's it. K dog is still antsy and gives me strange looks. I'm nervous too as I just do not like earthquakes. But keeping my happy a-ok mom face for the kids sake. Tom felt it at his work and things are fine there too.
Here are the details:
11:42 am
5.8 magnitude
epicenter near Chino Hills (it's about 30 miles from us)
I have not heard much analysis yet on the news. Just people calling in saying they are ok. I know there will be more tonight and that is when I will watch the news.
I told the kids about after shocks and what to do in case they feel/hear one. It's been a long time since we have had an earthquake and I have done drills with the kids. Today was perfect for a refresher course. Now they know what to do while mom is running around in a panic.
Here's what I was doing when it happened. A few moments before I was in the garage putting in a load of laundry. K wanted out the side door but I called her back into the house with me. She stuck to me like my shadow. I thought nothing of it. I then started to go outside to put some trash out in the barrel at the curb when I heard a very loud boom and within a nanosecond I knew what it was. Then I felt a jolt. I dashed into the house, yelled "Evelyn! Greg! Here! Now! Get here now!" or something like a drill Sargent. The kids ran to me and we ran out of the house with K. Now this was all in just a few seconds. yes, we felt the jolts. It seemed to be a long one.
We waited on the grass for a few minutes and then went back inside. Greg said he thought someone was in the house. Evelyn heard her closet doors rattling. K, well she was, and still is, freaked out. She looked like she would have bolted down the street if I didn't have hold of her collar. She is not the bolting kind of dog unless there is another dog down the street that she wants to push around.
We have not felt any aftershocks and sure hope we won't. We are going on with the rest of our day as planned. I'll get to that one later tonight I hope.
Hope you are all doing well.
Tuesday, July 29, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




2 comments:
I guess we gotta pay a small price for living in paradise, ay??
I was on the beach so I didn't mind it. Read my blog; you'll understand!
Jacquie
Post a Comment