We are finally able to have a sleep in day. I was up around 7, Greg 8 and Evelyn 9:30. Tom was up earlier as he likes to get up and read the paper while it is still quiet.
We were able to take our time getting things ready for our day at the Chino Hills baseball tournament. Greg is on the MV Sox which is a new (er) travel Pony baseball team. The team was formed for the tournament we played in over Memorial Day Weekend. We have 4 new players who did not play with us in May as some of the boys were not able to play this weekend.
We had to be at the park at 1:45 for our 3:00 game. We headed out around 12:30 and it sure didn't take us long to get to Chino Hills. This is a new park with 6 fields and very nice!
This is Greg warming up. I like getting pictures of him in action and warm ups is the best time. Those buildings in the back ground are part of a huge horse stable. Evelyn wanted to go over there so badly. And it sure did smell like horses. It was hot and there was just enough breeze to blow the aroma our way.

We played a team from Chino Hills for our first game. We were home team and I was the score keeper. The ump kept asking me questions, like "Young Lady, what is the score?" "Young Lady, how many outs?" He kept me on my feet and always called me Young Lady :) I had Tom help me out the first inning by keeping up with the count. Pony moves faster than little league and I had to make sure I had all the SB's (stolen bases) and runners on the correct bases. Mid inning I was doing ok.
Greg played center field the first game. He did great out there. He even raced to right field to get a few balls that came that way. This team kept our outfield busy, in fact, our entire team busy. Game was called due to time, 1 hr 45 min and we only finished the 3rd inning.
Our next game started right away, 5:15. It was hot and the guys drank so much water. I was glad we put that extra case of water in the car. Tom hauled it in between games and most of it was gone by the end of the 2nd game.
We played a team from Corona for our 2nd game. Did better but still did not win. Greg played first and even pitched. He did a great job at both positions. Greg didn't get any hits in either game but did get on base each time he was up as he was walked.
A little side stepping action at first base.
Waiting for the throw to pick off the runner who was trying to steal from first to second.
Here is a series of pitching pictures. I like to get each part of the pitching motion. Ready......
Set..............
Pitch............... This looks like such an awkward position if you would just see this picture. But it's all part of the pitching motion. That's "dog" at second base. He and Greg were in the same kindergarten class at our old school. They have played against each other over the years and were on the same All Star team this year and "dog" has joined our Sox team. Don't know why they call him "dog" . These guys acquire so many nick names over the years!I have a friend from High School who lives in Chino Hills. I emailed her during the week to let her know we would be there for the tournament. Carolyn was able to come over for our second game and brought her very handsome boys too. They don't live to far from the park and her oldest plays at the same field. It was so great to see her and catch up. I do admit, Carolyn looks great and hasn't changed much at all from our HS days. We played VB and BB together and later on were even room mates for around a year or so. And wouldn't you know, did I get a photo? No. Too busy chatting and keeping an eye on the game. Ahh! Well, I have photos in my memory and that's good :) Thanks for stopping by Carolyn :)
Stay tuned for part III. I took some videos of Sunday's game. Hope I can upload them here.




2 comments:
How nice of you to keep score...probably not much time to chat...eh?
no can't chat too much doing score. But it keeps me focused n the game
Post a Comment