Sunday night already? What happened to the weekend? Well, I'll tell ya.
Slept in Saturday (love doing that!), took K on her walk and then I went on my run. Did tons of laundry (washing machine broke last weekend and it was fixed Friday morning). Cleaned out my car, started packing for our trip, got the oil changed in my car and the car washed, did more packing, finally put away all the stuff that was deposited in the back pack basket on the last day of school, did some shopping. Even did a little scrapbooking. Whew. Goes by fast.
Saturday afternoon the kids and I went horseback riding at the Ortega Equestrian Center in San Juan Capistrano. My mom told Evy she would take her horseback riding, so she treated me, Evy and Greg. It was a nice ride too, perfect riding weather. Greg's horse, Luther, just wanted to eat. We went through some pretty high bushes and his horse just dead stopped to munch. Greg couldn't get him started up again. Evy looked like a pro on her horse, Peanut, kept the horse from eating and right in line. Guess that weekend at Rawhide Ranch paid off! My horse, Cassie, was such a slow poke. Kept egging her on and as soon as she caught up, would put it in low gear again. But hey, I got to run her a few times when I really fell behind. Yee Ha!!
Thanks Mom, we had a fun time. :)
So, Thursday, July 12 we leave for Florida. We come back July 21. Have the kids mostly packed and my stuff mostly ready to go. Think I have everything we need for the trip. Lots of sun screen and bug spray, hats, bathing suits, new flippers and snorkels for the kids to bring too. We are flying to Miami then driving to the Everglades and down to Key Largo and Key West and possibly Miami. Greg really wants to see a baseball game when we are there. Got some great deals on hotels on Hotwire. We went to Disndyworld in 2000. Not going there this time, but will have plenty to do and see. 9 days of free time! No computers, cell phones, work, housework....... Ahhhh. Now that's a vacation!
Well, time to put away my scrap stuff and get some dinner. Just having a relaxing Sunday afternoon. I am almost done with my book and can't wait for the end. No I have not read ahead. "I Know This Much is True" by Wally Lamb. Great book too.
**Don't know what's happening here, but blogger won't let me put a title here or pictures :( Will upload the horse photos when I can.**
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




1 comment:
That was a great book! Read it a while ago.
Have fun on your trip. Wish we were going somewhere this year. But, alas, we are not!
Take lots of pics!
Post a Comment