Friday night was Evelyn's birthday party. Saving that for another post. The girls (and I) didn't get to sleep till almost 3 am. Kaydee woke me up around 7:30 am. I had crashed on the couch. Tom had left about 7 am for the Family Conference in Anaheim. (minus us but with his parents). I didn't even hear him leave. I made a huge batch of waffles (like to freeze them) so they would be ready when the girls got up. The ended getting up around 9:30. But before they were up, I was cooking , watching The Deadliest Catch marathon on Discovery and reading.
The girls left around noon, then I parked myself back on the couch watching Deadliest Catch and reading till I finally dozed off. Slept for 2 hours! Evy was in a daze on the couch and Greg was back and forth between a movie and the tv. He finally woke me up by banging on the piano keys.
Helped Greg put the pool back up out back. Called by dad for a chat and left him a message that I was sitting out side watching the pool fill up and Kaydee sleep in the shade.
Kids wanted Chuckee Cheese, so why not. Handed out tokens in small batches while I read a book and the kids kept bringing back tickets in exchange for more tokens.
Back home, shower and back into bed to watch more Deadliest Catch. Kids and I were out by 9:00.
So, that's my lazy day in a nut shell. Saturdays are usually spent at some sports event or event with the kids, cleaning house, doing laundry, errands and who knows what else. Been a long time since I just sat, slept, watched TV and read. Oh the life.
Sunday, July 29, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




3 comments:
I too enjoyed "Dealiest Catch"! It sounds like you all had a nice time. You are a wonderful mother!
Isn't it great when we can just veg? There are so few times when we can actually do just that.
Sounds like a perfect day!
Post a Comment