Tuesday, April 17, 2007

We are having a visitor this weekend

Yes, we are having a visitor this weekend! My dad, Grandpa from Oregon, is coming to visit. He wanted to see some of Greg's baseball games. This works out perfect as Greg has a game Saturday afternoon and Monday evening.
Greg is counting down the days. He asks me about 5 times a day how many more days. The kids are both insisting Grandpa sleep in their rooms. Grandpa slept in Greg's room last time and both the kids slept in Evy's room. They like to pull out the tundle and sleep in the big bed. Greg's concern last time was "Grandpa, do you slobber when you sleep? I do, but the sheets are clean." Well, it's more like drool, but I guess if you are 8, slobber is more exciting than drool. Greg also announded the other day that when he is thirsty and there isn't water handy to drink, he drinks his slobber. yuck, but not if you are 8 I guess.
The kids like to look in the Local section of the paper every morning to see what the weather is supposed to be. Greg counted the days to Saturday and saw that is is supposed to be cloudy. A good day for an afternoon ball game! And now he knows exactly how many days left - it's 5. But I bet you a quarter, he will ask me many more times each day until Saturday.
Evelyn and Tom will be on an Adventure Princess camping trip. So, Greg and I will pick up Grandpa at the airport before Greg's game Saturday. His team has a pizza party after the game. And that day is someones birthday too. hmmm wonder who. Some of you know already :)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Have fun with Grandpa!

And the slobbering thing...can I just say ewwwwwwwww! lol

Judy said...

Did someone say Birthday????