Thursday, January 18, 2007

Welcome Burp



Welcome to our home Burp. Yep, that's right. Burp is our new bird. He/she is a beautiful green parakeete. I think he is still getting used to being here and getting used to the very noisy Roxy. And yes, he does match Greg's soccer shirt.
Not to go into details as some of you already know the story, 2 birds out of the cage and a bird dog alone in the house do not go well together. Kaydee got a Cracker. I was on my scrap weekend when this happened. The rest of the family was outside.
We got Burp on Tuesday and Greg picked him out from a cage full of similiar colored birds. Burp loves to sit on our shoulders and sit with Greg when he does his homework. Of course, the dog is outside when the birds are out. Roxy likes to pick on Burp to try to get him to sing with her. I have heard him chirp when Roxy starts in. I know Roxy misses her singing buddy Cracker. Hopefully Burp will find his voice soon and start chatting away with Roxy.
The birds have moved into the living room. I thought they would like being around people more. But still have to find the right spot for them. Maybe on the piano.
Poor K is sick. She was eating the mulch from the slope across the street with her buddy Zuko ("Z"). Not a good thing. K only eats wierd things when she is with Z. Hopefully she will get her spunk back soon. She did eat some eggs for dinner and a little bit of bread. At least she has lost interest in the birds, for awhile.
So glad it is Friday tomorrow. I am getting a new company car. Can't wait to go cruisin. Weeeeee!
Oh, and I fixed my heater. Thanks Dad!!! Just a simple fix and no more chilly mornings.

2 comments:

Michele said...

Oh my gosh!!! LOL - how did Greg come up with that name? Or does it have to do with Kaydee and a cracker :) Hope she feels better soon!! Our puppies sound the same...always into something and then they regret it later!! :( "Burp" is so pretty!!!

Anonymous said...

See what I miss if I do not check in more often. I could not believe the bird story. Sorry to hear about your loss.