Well, kind of. Limiting my time on the computer. And I am on the road to recovery. Stitches are out and the incision is healing. Still looks nasty, but better than it did last week. I have started physical therapy and have to work on getting my fingers to work again. It's tough and hurts.
Surgery went well. I was very groggy for a week from the pain meds. But I am over that now and only take Aleve when I feel the need to.
I am enjoying my time at home. Reading, watching a lot of movies (even the guy at Blockbuster commented on it!), sleeping, doing puzzles, cleaning out closets and heavy duty dusting, and getting back to being able to use my hand. Taking the dog on a long walk every morning and then taking myself on a long walk. It's nice to get out in the morning and walk!
Next dr. appointment is March 20 and I will get the word when I can go back to work. The more time off the better as I am totally under no stress at the moment and loving it!! Really loving it!
Almost my bed time. 8:00. Seriously. I have been sleeping 9 to 10 hours a night and it's great!
Baseball is back in full swing now. Greg pitched 2 innings at the first game and will pitch again this Saturday. The schedule is posted. I am keeping score again and AA is so much more intense than A. Have to keep balls and strikes and pitch count........ It takes 2 people and luckily another mom keeps score too. It's hard to do wearing my brace, especially when it's freezing cold outside. But I have managed and it will only get easier. It's been fun seeing everyone from last year and years past. We sure do have a great team this year.
I'll try to post some awesome baseball pictures this weekend. But I make no promises.
Evelyn is really advancing in her riding lessons. She has found a horse she really wants to buy. Yikes! Not ready for that yet. She has a new instructor and it's going great. I need to get some more pix of her. Evelyn almost got thrown when she was riding Freckles the other week. But she stayed on and it didn't even seem to phase her. Except for the big bruise she has on her arm from hitting it on the saddle horn! Now she loves riding Freckles and they work very well together. That's my cowgirl!!
Hope everyone is doing well. :) Miss you all.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




5 comments:
It is good you are feeling better! Even better when the pain will be gone!! Woo Hoo!
How exciting for Greg with his games and Eveylyn for riding the buckin' bronco horse! I am glad she was able to hang on!!
Welcome Back !!!! I've missed reading your posts.
I'm glad to hear the surgery went well. Must be nice to have that behind you...
Continue to enjoy your time! It always goes by too quick. See you soon...
judy
Glad that the surgery went well and you seem to be recooping well!
Jacquie
Hooray!!! You're back :) I'm so happy to hear you are relaxing and enjoying your time off. Take it easy and the healing process will go better for you. Looking forward to catching up with you & Judy on Tuesday!
YAHOO~you are back!!!
I have really missed reading your posts and hearing about life in the OC.
I am glad that you are on the road to recovery as well.
Take care,
Robin
Post a Comment