And I do say it's rather nice. I did call into a work conference call yesterday afternoon. It was short and I got to find out some of what has been going on while I have been out.
Still in PT and she sure works me hard. But I am seeing success. Today I was able to open the cap of my water bottle. I have not been able to do that with my right hand since the surgery! My scar runs right along the life line of my hand. Now I have a longer life!! It's red and nasty looking today as my therapist did ultrasound on it today. It does feel good - warm gel with the warm machine. But then I had to rub these sticks with different textures on them over the incision area to stimulate different touches. Didn't like that. A lot of exercises, a nice hand massage (oh I do love that) and finished up with ice. Don't like that but it does help. I go again tomorrow.
I still can not use scissors. I am trying to make a new valance before Easter and it's been so hard to cut. But now I can sew up the hems and get it hung (hopefully) before Easter. Doubt the pillow covers will get made though.
I have another doctor appointment on Thursday. Can't wait to see what the doc says about my progress. Wondering when I will be able to go back to work. Not that I am in any rush to.
After therapy, I generally just take it easy for the rest of the day as my hand is sore. Keep doing my exercises, but stay off the computer and don't do much else. So, I did a few errands and then watched a bunch of my recorded shows. Ellen was so funny when they showed the clip of her in the See's Candy factory. I was truly laughing!
Greg had a game tonight. They lost 1 - 2. But still a good game. Greg did not pitch today. They have a nice long break until practice next Wednesday. Their record is good for early on in the season. I will check the website after all the week day games are entered to see the standings. I think the Dodgers are in 2nd.
I have been falling into one of my old habits. Staying up too late. Ugh. And now I am tired and paying for it. I can not sleep in tomorrow, but sure will on Friday and Saturday. Kids are out of school until March 21. I am so excited that I get to be off work too while they are on Spring Break. We will plan some fun day trips. Will also brain storm the promised room make overs. Long over due. Don't think I can paint just yet, but at least we can get ideas.
No pictures yet. they are on the computer but I have so many baseball pix to go through. Also some great pix of Evy at riding lessons and Greg visiting some of his favorite horses at the stable. While Evy is riding, Greg and I walk around the stable petting horses. One of my favorites is this huge horse named Roy. He doesn't seem super friendly, but I sweet talk to him whenever I see him and actually got him to stick his head over his pen so I could scratch his ears. :) He didn't give me that go away look. And then there is always Sassy. We love her. Greg got to take her out and brush her the other day. He loved that. I'll tell her story later.
Good night now and make the most of the week :)
Wednesday, March 19, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




No comments:
Post a Comment