Monday, January 14, 2008

Riding, Baseball, Soccer, Football --- all in one weekend

And you thought we were done for awhile, didn't you :) We thought so too, but we only had a short break. I will splain........
Evelyn has horseback riding lessons every Friday night, unless it is raining or too windy. Greg came with us Friday. When Evelyn gets out of the ring to do a stable walk, Greg likes to walk around too and we pet the horses. Most welcome a good scratch on the chin or the forehead. And of course, our feet were caked in mud and who knows what else after doing many laps around the stables, in the dark. Evelyn is really progressing in her riding lessons and so loves it. She wants to be a barrel racer and dreams of her own horse one day.

Saturday morning we were up early for baseball tryouts. I got Greg in the earliest group so we could make his soccer game. He saw some old team mates and coaches and it was great to catch up with some parents. Tryouts seemed to go well for Greg. Let's keep our fingers crossed for the draft! Since Greg was not at his regular try out time, his number was last. Time was getting late for us and Greg had not batted yet. I made a plea to a coach who was helping with try outs to let Greg bat early as he had a soccer game. Plea granted, Greg hit great, then we raced out of there to get to the soccer field.

Made it to the soccer field 10 minutes before game time. Whew! This league is a 5 on 5, short field, small goals and no goalie. Pretty much the boys play where they want, which is all over the place. Some different rules than AYSO soccer. Greg's team won 3 - 2 and Greg scored a goal! He was worried about those small goals. Well, I guess not anymore. I told Greg to remember this is not football and to keep his arms down when he is running with the ball. He is not supposed to block or push like he can in football. At least he did not get called for it, this time.

Home from soccer, to shower, eat lunch and then get K to the vet. She needed shots (0uch!!) and blood work for the hip meds she is on. K made a new friend at the vet, this huge white dog that just loved her. She did so well with Mr. big white dog and his little Mrs. black dog friend too. Maybe she is relenting her superiority in her older age. :)

Home time for a relaxing afternoon and evening. Evelyn took a nap (yeah!), Greg played football in Wii land and played with the neighbors, while I did some more scrapping. I was on a roll and so needed to get some done. yeah me! We watched "Aragon" which was so awesome! The dragon was so cool!

Now it's football time and we skip to Sunday. We all slept in Sunday morning. Headed to church and then to Frudruckers for Greg's football banquet. Almost everyone was there so we had quite the crowd and had our own room. Of course the Chargers game was on (Go Chargers!!) It was great to see all the players and parents and catch up with them too:) The coach handed out the trophies and gifts for the kids and we watched a great photo presentation and video one of the dad's made. And we each got a copy!! Greg is all pumped up for football next year and sign ups are only a few months away.

So, that was about the jist of our weekend. 4 sports all in one weekend. Wow! It's crazy, but I love it!
Update on Evelyn's knee: She used her crutches on Saturday but not on Sunday. She can straighten out her knee now and it doesn't hurt as much. One more week of staying off it as much as she can.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Dear Naomi,
I know that it is a struggle for you and a "true" pain to make these posts with your wrist, but I wanted to take a moment to let you know that it is like getting a real person email or better yet a letter/card in teh mail each time you post for me.
I love to hear stories of California (since I only know the TV side of it) and I love hearing about Greg and Evelyn.
Thank you for your posts, I just wanted you to know that they are highlights of my day.
Love,
Robin
(For some reason it will not let me log in so I am just putting my name at the bottom)