Monday, January 28, 2008

I have a date

Got a call from the orthopedic surgeons office Friday afternoon. Now I have a date for my carpal tunnel surgery.

February 19, 10 am, have to be there at 9 am. Pre-op is February 15 and before that I have to get my blood work done.

I am nervous and relieved all at the same time. Relieved to have the pain over with and nervous because other than having my wisdom teeth removed, have never had surgery before. It's a simple procedure. Small incision on my palm near my wrist, maybe 1" long, snip the carpal ligament to free up the nerve, stitch up my palm, wake me up from being knocked out and boot me out the door. Over all we will be there about 2 to 2 1/2 hours. Not bad.
Here are some illustrations of the surgery.




Today my hand is very sore, and I am sore up to my elbow. I have not been sleeping well and found the most comfortable place to sleep is the couch where I can almost be in a sitting position propped up by pillows.

I am looking forward to some downtime : reading, napping, watching movies, catching up on my recorded tv shows, napping.

I am heading to Westlake Village, where my office is, for a meeting. Leave Tuesday morning and return Thursday evening. 3 days off the computer. That will be nice. But the kids have a pretty busy week at school.

We were able to have a relaxing weekend with lots of down time. Riding lessons were off Friday due to the rain. Greg's 9 am soccer game was cancelled Saturday due to the rain, the fields were to wet although it was not raining, yet. I checked the mud line shortly after 7 and then went back to bed to sleep some more and finish reading my book. I did some more cleaning of stuff. My motto this year is "use it or purge it". Evy and I took a load of stuff to the Goodwill and did some errands. Did pretty good on ebay so got all that stuff ready to ship. I have also have an whole new box of stuff to list that I found while doing more cleaning. Sunday slept in again, went to Open House at the kids school, Borders, Kohl's and Pet Co and then home to finish up the Science project. Thankfully it is just about done, but that one light bulb is still burning. Crashed early Sunday night as I was pretty darn tired. It rained most of Sunday and most of the night. I love listening to the rain. The kids and Tom played out in the rain and got soaked!

So, enjoy the rain, stay safe and have a great week.

No comments: