Wednesday I took a crochet class at JoAnn's. My grandma Claire taught me to crochet when I was young. I remember having long crochet chains. I would also make crochet rag rugs with my grandma Evelyn. But I wanted to learn again. I am making a purse. It is a bit lopsided at this time, but I am no where near done. Yep, will post a pic when I am done. I have 2 weeks until the next class so have to finish up.
Evelyn had a Girl Scout meeting today after school. Greg had his buddy Erik over. The kids got out at noon today so they had all afternoon to play. They made a spy fort (shhh, no one is to know), took apart toy dart guns (from the 99 cent store) played Chicken Invaders and just goofed around like they always do. Those too are almost made from the same mold! They were on the same soccer team and are in the same class at school.
Greg had baseball practice tonight and the Boy Scouts with Tom. While the boys were scouting, Evy and I had dinner at Denny's (I was hungry for French Toast and eggs), made a trip to Old Navy for jeans and then to WalMart to browse. Got some good deals on clearance. And we actually found a winter hat for the next Big Bear trip. Go figure, bathing suits in January and hardly a winter hat to be found!!
We have a lot going on this weekend too. Maybe it will rain :) Greg has his first Reconciliation at church (in preparation for his First Communion), and then baseball practice. Evy has her crochet class and then goes to Marissa's for a birthday sleepover (like the girls really sleep!!). Sunday Greg and I are going on a Mom/Son bowling outing through school. It's a lot of fun. When that is done, I am putting my feet up and reading, or crocheting.
I started a new book, "The Nanny Diaries". Light reading compared to "Gone with the Wind". I am already half done. Got a lot read today at practice. (bundled up in a sweater, sweatshirt and a blanket~~gets so cold out there)
Well, I am rambling on so had better stop. You can take a look at my blog, http://www.naomisnotables.blogspot.com/ for my scrapbooking venture C2R. I will explain more in another post. Good night and have a wonderful weekend!!




No comments:
Post a Comment