Greg and I slept in and then had a lazy morning, Greg watching cartoons, me browsing through the Sunday ads and the paper. We had waffles for breakfast and more cartoons and some web surfing for me. Finally got dressed around 10 and headed outside to do some yard work. I fixed the hose, watered the plants, did some weeding and Greg helped me transplant the ficus tree. Awhile ago we got a much larger pot for it. This tree is probably 20 years old. It's life began in the Valley and wherever I have moved, it has moved with me in the same pot. It got blown over several times this year by the winds so we just left it down for a few weeks. Now the poor thing is brown from frost bite. But, there is hope as I saw new signs of life today as it got a new pot. New green leaves growing.
Greg was building a wood bird feeder he found in the garage while I was going through boxes and condensing them in the garage. Only a few more boxes of ebay items to list and I hope to get to those tonight. Got the garage cleaned up and then dashed to lunch. We went to the Corner Bakery and met my mom, Eric, Chrissy and the kids and Chrissy's parents, Ed and Deni. After lunch we saw some cute puppies in the pet store. No, not for us.
The highlight of the day was the Blue and Gold Boy Scouts Awards dinner. What a crowd! All boys from troop 818 at school. Greg is a Wolf and Tom is the Den leader. The boys received their awards and are on their way to becoming Bears. All the Wolf scouts did their wolf howl and ran around the hall howling. I guess this is a rite of passage to the next level:) I tried my best to get pix of Greg but he told me that I have taken enough pictures of him. I guess he is right.
Here's the Wolf Den: Tom and Bill, Christopher, Anthony, Wyatt, Lorenzo, Greg and Jimmy.
Look out! Wild Wolves on the loose! Greg's in there somewhere.
Evelyn was so tired from the weekend in Big Bear. She was glad to see 2 of her friends at the dinner, Paige and Nicole.

Back home and into pj's and the kids watched Saddle Club and then we watched the Amazing Race All Stars. Don't have a favorite team yet, but do know who is not my favorite.
No school tomorrow but I do have to work. Will work all morning and then do something after lunch. Not sure what yet. Maybe Dana Point if it is nice, or maybe Jumpin' Jammin' to wear out the kids, and I can read a book.
Hope everyone had a great weekend.




No comments:
Post a Comment