I did it. I finally finished "Gone with the Wind". All 1024 pages. Started in early December but didn't get a lot of reading time in during December.
I am in this wonderful book club at the kids school. "Gone with the Wind" was our selection for January, giving us 2 months to read it. Last year it was "East of Eden".
We meet once a month to discuss the current month's book. This month is "The Nanny Diaries". I already have it and will start reading in a few days. Want to read a couple magazines first. Then hopefully I will be able to finish up "Widow of the South" before I have to start reading for March.
Future selections are "The Memory Keepers Daughter"," Princess" and "Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night-Time".
Some favorite past reads are "Kaffir Boy", "They other Boleyn Girl", "Glass Castle", "My Sisters Keeper", "The Kite Runner" and "Molokai"
My book shelves are packed again. I keep buying up more books on ebay, Amazon and Borders.
My friend Julie told me about a great site for trading books: http://www.bookcrossing.com. Check it out, its pretty cool.
Happy reading :)
Tuesday, February 6, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




No comments:
Post a Comment