I had my pre-op doctor appointment and everything is good to go. S Day is 2-19-08, 10 am, check in is 9 am. Back to the doctor on Friday the 22nd to have my hand checked out and find out what is in store for me for the recovery period. The first week I am not supposed to do anything. That's fine with me. I plan to nap, read and watch movies then nap some more. Time to de-stress as well.
With the help of Evelyn, we have a freezer packed (yes, there is no room in there) full of pre made meals. The fridge and panty are running a little low but I will take care of that this weekend. Laundry is just about done and house is half way cleaned. I'm making progress here.
Still working away and trying my best to have things in order for my very capable co-workers when I am out.
How do I feel? Nervous, anxious, relieved, scared.....so many emotions I can't describe them all. I left Tom a message when I was done with my appointment and he told me I sounded freaked out. Yep, I guess I probably was at that point as reality had really sunk in then. 4 days away.
I will be off the computer for quite sometime but will update when I can. I will have to practice typing with my toes (ha-ha) and my left hand. That'll be a hoot!
Last time I had surgery was when I had my wisdom teeth pulled out. Back then I had no other responsibilities, like taking care of a family. So, this will be interesting. I have already told the kids that they really have to step up here. I know I can count on Evelyn and Tom but just have to get the gears moving on Greg.
If anyone has any good movie recommendations, let me know. Blockbuster is just a mile away and will be a nice walk when I need to exhange movies. My Q is all lined up and ready to go with some of my favorite movies. Book shelf is packed with books that are calling out to me to be read.
Say a prayer or send good thoughts my way if you remember. Thanks :)
Thursday, February 14, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




2 comments:
Prayers being said and I'm sure this is the best thing you could be doing for yourself at this moment.
Jax
Of course I will be praying for you and sending good healing thoughts your way! I will be out of town next week until Friday, but if you need anything, I am there for you when I return!! Everything is going to be perfect, relax and enjoy this down time....and get well soon!
Post a Comment