Saturday, February 21, 2009

Oh, the weekend is here :)

What a long long week. I took Monday off and the kids and I hung out and had a great day. But the week just seemed even longer.

Friday afternoon Evelyn and Tom took off for another camping trip. Greg and I took off for baseball practice. Then I headed over to Circuit City to see what deals I could find. And, I had found a $10 gift card that I wanted to use before it was too late. I got 2 movies, a flash drive, memory card for my camera and a cool hot pink cover for my i pod. Not to bad and didn't spend very much either. :)

Greg's team had a pizza party after practice. It was nice to meet a few more parents and have some time to talk with the coaches. I really like the way things are turning out with this new team. All the guys are getting along and getting to know each other better. The coaches are impressed with our boys abilities too. I do believe it is going to be a great season. We are already talking of some more tournaments to play in.

I didn't get up till after 8 am this morning. It was soooo gooooood to sleep in. Dog has been walked and Greg and I are just hanging out. It's a nice lazy morning which we don't get too often around here.

This evening we are going to a huge birthday celebration. A party for Tom's mom, sister and our niece. All milestone birthdays, with Sam's being her sweet 16. Tom and Evelyn have to come home early from their camp out but will have had a great time for the time there are there.

Evelyn's show was postponed due to the rain and lack of practices and the fact that her trainer had to have surgery last week. It is now March 7. Mark it on your calendar.

This means we have Sunday free, except for Greg's practice Sunday afternoon.

For the rest of today, I have to finish making the birthday presents and think of something to get Sam. I have no idea what to get her. I think I may also spend some time in the yards. They have been neglected, especially out back. My daffodils are starting to push through and some are blooming. They are so pretty.

Oh, and one more thing before the train leaves the station, I AM going to be an assistant track coach for 5th/6th grade track at school. Evelyn is running. She has such long legs and I think will be an awesome runner. She went running with me the other day and pushed through for the entire 3 miles. That's my girl!!

Well, until the next stop on the crazy train, have a great weekend. :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

WOW~you guys are sooo busy that it makes me tired just reading about it!!!
Mary-Margaret starts conditioning today for track at her school. She has always wanted to do it but at her old school it was a spring sport along with soccer so soccer won out. At her new school the only spring options were tennis, softball (they wanted her to play this BUT she never has played) but she really wanted to give track a try.
It was odd for a week and a half actually picking her up right after school.
My back today only has a pinpointed pain so that is a good thing. Perhaps this is back trouble is coming to an end and life can start again for me soon!!!
Take care.
xoxo
Robin