Thursday, February 19, 2009

Leapin Lizards!

What you would you do if you opened your washing machine, took out a load of jeans and saw this sitting in the bottom of your washing machine.


A-Scream like a girl?
B- Close the lid and hope that someone else besides you would put laundry in the washing machine?
C- Triple bag your hand with newspaper bags (saved to pick up after the Dog) and while gritting your teeth and hopeing the darn thing is not alive enough to move, carefully scoop up the darn thing and toss it into an open grave, aka, the trash can.



Ok, I did C. I was cool calm and collected, kinda. I didn't scream like I did when the Dog brought a dead gopher into the house or when I found a dead possum in the back yard. This had nothing to do with the Dog. At least I hope not.


I have no idea where this poor lizard came from or how it got in the machine. This morning I collected all the jeans from various rooms of the house and had them in a pile in my room waiting their turn to get warshed.

And the entire time I was figuring out how to remove a dead lizard from the washing machine and not to get too grossed out about it, the Dog was standing at the by the gate, chewy, at her feet, looking at me like who knows what. I wonder what she thinks at times. She probably was hoping I was getting something for her. Silly Dog.


Oh, and these pix here,




they are pix of the rain on Tuesday. Yes, we so need rain gutters.







1 comment:

I'm Julie said...

I would choose option "D": promptly slam the lid shut and insist we have to MOVE out of the house IMMEDIATELY.

And I would also scream like a little girl.