Sunday, January 11, 2009

Weekend has come and gone

Saturday started off early. I was up for a RUN and then to WALK the dog. Yes, I ran. I didn't do as bad as I thought I would after not running since I got a very very bad cold in October. Tom and Evelyn got out the door early for Palm Springs. I got everything ready for the soccer tournament, did some laundry and downloaded Microsoft Office Home and Student 2007. OK, I really have had it for like 3 weeks.

Off to Santa Ana for the tournament where we experienced some very strong Santa Ana Winds. Wowza! Again we played club teams. We lost both games but the boys played excellent. We were also down 2 players and 1 played after having the stomach flu the night before. Greg scored in the first game. On the way to the game he told me that maybe he would score today. Good thing for a defender to score a goal!

After the last game, which was at 4 pm, Greg and I stopped at In n' Out (we were starving!) and then headed to watch a baseball game some of his friends were playing in. The game started at 6. We got home just before 8 and Greg watched some highlights of the football game and went to bed still wearing his stinky soccer uniform from the day. Yuck. He said it would save him time in the morning. Ok. Sure thing.

Evelyn and Tom had a great time playing in the snow. Tom hurt his hand trying to stop someone from running their sled into a tree. It's still a little sore but not like it was the day before.
I took a nice hot shower (it was freezing at the baseball game) and fell into bed to read. I started reading ECLIPSE and was totally into the book. I stayed up way too late reading and read 180 pages on Saturday.

Sunday morning, up at 6:15 am. YES!! 6:15 am. Greg had to be back in Santa Ana at 8:15, which to him means 7:45 as he has to be early. Evy came along with us to the game. She didn't even complain about getting up early. Greg and I were kicking around the ball when this man came up to talk to us. He was with the club team we played in our last game on Saturday. He invited Greg to play with their club team (!!!) but it was just way too far away to even consider and Greg is already committed to a team. I thanked him and explained that Greg was already committed to a baseball team and anothe soccer team. WOW! To be invited to play on a club team is pretty cool :)

Game time and our team played great. The reff'ing was a little off, or I should say, WAY OFF. But our guys play polite AYSO rules and are getting used to being pushed around more. They have started doing their share but no to the extent that we have seen the guys get by with during these tournament games. Oy vey! This kid was pulling on one of our players jerseys and didn't even get called for it. Oy vey! But play on is what I say. We ended up winning 2 - 1. Awesome job GUYS!

Home in time to get ready for the Charger game. A few of Tom's co workers came by to watch the game and we all had a great time. Too bad Chargers didn't do better. Oh well.

Even though I had a pretty busy weekend I still managed to get a lot done. But for now, I'm not planning on making dinner. I'm tired. Way tired. Thinking a shower sounds good and then some more reading. Maybe I'll finish up the book tonight? 300 pages? I don't know. It's another busy week so I'd better get rested before it all begins again.

Sorry no soccer pix to post. It was too windy and I didn't feel like dragging out the camera. I'm sure our team photo taker got some great shots with his awesome camera.

No comments: