Friday, January 30, 2009

Been a long time

Wow. It's been an awfully long time. Busy. Busy.

Last week, the usual.

Soccer tournament in Hacienda Heights over the weekend even tough it was raining. Won 1 game lost 2 and finished 3rd in the tournament. Greg played goalie for 1/2 of each game. There was a direct penalty kick and Greg BLOCKED it! Whew! My heart had completely stopped.

Mission is complete and was turned in earlier this week. Glad that project is done. Evelyn has to finish her book report project this weekend.

Tom and Greg went snowboarding on Tuesday. They went to Snow Summit with one of Greg's friend and his dad. The boys took and all day snowboard lesson and were the only 2 in the lesson. Their instructor was Nacho. The dads had a great day of skiing while the boys were in their lessons. Greg already has future days planned and marked on the calendar. He is hooked!


We now have confirmation on Greg's baseball team. Things were up in the air for a few days. The Sox did not get a team. But our guys got put on another team and are part of the OC Boltz. Greg missed the first practice on Tuesday (snowboarding) but did get to meat the coaches and some of the team at batting practice last night. We got his uniform (#7) and the practice schedule. So now our calendar is full of baseball practice. Games start in March although there is one practice game next weekend. We will also have to squeeze in soccer practice when we can for the AYSO Plus team.


Evelyn is gearing up for the drill team competition. On horses. They have been working on this during lessons. They have their 4-some already. The first practice is this Saturday where they make up their routine, pick their song and plan their matching or coordinating outfits. This all has to be approved by the trainer too. Then in a few more weeks they have another morning for practice with the competition on a Sunday morning.


Work has been so busy for me. Lot's of conference calls as we are doing some different type of work and it sure takes a long time to figure things out. By the end of the day, meaning like 3:00, I am pooped.


I worked Tuesday and Wednesday at CHA for Zutter. It was so much fun. I got to demo some products as part of a make and take. I saw some people I haven't seen for awhile and met new people. It was fun to be out of the house for a few days.


This weekend. Where do I start? It's busy. Drill team practice, baseball practice, BBQ, tons of house work and need to do NOW things. Sunday I hope to take Evelyn to the Equine Affair at the Pomona Fairplex. IF she gets her school project done. Oh, and can't forget the Super Bowl. Go Cardinals!! Tom and Greg are headed out to a friends to watch the game.


I am now reading The Shack. If you have not read it yet, go out NOW and get the book and read it. It's very good. I finished Breaking Dawn in less than a week (700+ pages) and had to get right into another excellent book.


I didn't get to posting my 52 Blessings this week. But I have not forgotten. Maybe will try this weekend or just do 2 next week. No set rules here.


Back to work. Blah!


Enjoy your weekend :)

1 comment:

Tara Cross Beam said...

It is wonderful to know the kids are excited with the activities they participate in.

Thanks for sharing!!!