Happy New Year to all. I wish you all a very blessed, prosperous and happy 2007.
Today, the last day of 2007, was quite a day. We cashed in our coin jar and got a whopping $34. Enough for a movie or dinner or just fun money for whatever we want. Actually, the kids have been begging me to buy Chicken Invaders, so will do that as a surprise. And also need to renew our Club Penguin memberships.
Evy got a Limited 2 gift card from Grandpa Dale and Grandma Renee for Christmas. After we packed up (an organized) most of the Christmas decorations, Evy and I took off to the mall. Evy got a super cute cropped jacket that I know I will have to pry off her in a few days to wash. We got our See's Candy samples, browsed through the Disney Store, shoe stores, American Eagle and just had a super Mom/Evy afternoon.
Tom and Greg took off for Lake Mission Viejo for an afternoon of fishing. Greg loves to fish and can outlast anyone. They got home hours after we did with 5 huge trout that are now sitting in the fridge. Greg sure smelled like fish too as he helped Tom gut the fish. Kaydee forgot about Cracker and Roxy for awhile as she followed Greg around sniffing him. (Yes, Kaydee still wants a Roxy-Cracker and I find her in one of the kids rooms staring at the birds)
Dinner was chili that was cooking all day in the crock pot. Yum-O! Then we all settled in by the fire to finish watching the Everest Expedition marathon on Discovery channel. We all got hooked on that show after learning there was a LA City fire fighter on his second attempt at Everest. There was also a double amputee on the expedition. He was incredible and made it to the summit! 4 of the 7 made it to the summit. That is not on my list of New Years resolutions!
We watched the ball drop in Times Square with about 1,000 questions from Greg. Greg and Evy and Tom went to bed shortly after. I ended up falling asleep in front of the fire and woke up in time to hear the few bangs of people ringing in the New Year. Seems to be the trend for the last several years.
We had several tentative plans but, as usual, opted to stay home this year. I enjoy spending the last day of the year with my family. As for resolutions, well, I don't make them. I just plan to make the most of every minute of every day.
My plans for January 1 are to lounge around all day, watching the Rose Parade and napping.
The kids are off school for another week. We will see a few more movies, hang out with some friends and just enjoy the time off. Then it is back to the business of school and up the coming baseball season.
It is now officially 2007. Hope to see you all this year!!!
Sunday, December 31, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




No comments:
Post a Comment